INSIGHTS & STATISTICS ABOUT THE SAMFORD VALLEY SA2 REGION AS PROVIDED BY PAUL MARTINS, CHIEF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER FOR MORETON BAY REGIONAL COUNCIL
DID YOU KNOW ?
See below some interesting Samford Valley statistics provided for Paul’s recent presentation to Samford & Districts Chamber of Commerce.
Note. SA2 Region is loosely bound by Samford, Mt Nebo, Dayboro and towards Clear Mountain
- Samford Valley SA2 has total land area of 166.1km2.
- Within Samford Valley SA2, as at 30 June 2019, there were 1,479 trading businesses, of these 880 are non-employing, 448 businesses (or 30.3%) employed 1 to 4 employees.
- There are 3 businesses in the SA2 with 20 to 199 employees.
- A total of 58 businesses in the SA2 had a turnover of more than $2 million and 208 had a turnover of $500,000 to $2 million.
- Samford Valley SA2 had 70 approved new houses in the 12 months ending 30 November 2020 ($47.6 million of building value); and $9,858,000 worth of non-residential development value approved.
- The median mortgage repayment in the SA2 is $2,383/month, which is $602/month higher than the LGA average of $1,781.
- The median total household income in the SA2 is $2,341/week, which is $928/week higher than the LGA average of $1,413.
- Samford Valley SA2 12 month average is 194 unemployed residents, 6,625 residents in the labour force and an average unemployment rate of 2.9%.
- The top five industry subdivisions of employment for Samford Valley SA2 were:
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (except Computer System Design and Related Services) (9.4%)
- Preschool and School Education (6.9%)
- Construction Services (6.0%)
- Public Administration (5.0%)
- Medical and Other Health Care Services (4.7%)
- The top five occupation sub-major groups of employment for Samford Valley SA2 were:
- Specialist Managers (10.6%)
- Business, Human Resource and Marketing Professionals (6.6%)
- Education Professionals (5.6%)
- Health Professionals (5.6%)
- Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals (5.4%)