The Samford & Districts Chamber of Commerce strongly believes that “buying local” is a fundamentally important part of creating strong economies and even stronger communities. Studies have shown that when you buy from an independent,locally owners business,rather than a nationally owned business,significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses, service providors and producers.
HERE ARE 5 GREAT REASONS WHY SPENDING LOCALLY IS SO POWERFUL:
1. Buy Local – Support yourself – where we shop,eat and have fun is all part of making our community “home”.
2. Create More Good Jobs – Small local businesses are the largest employers Nationally and are committed to keeping those jobs “local” rather than shipping them out to a “head office”.
3. Invest in Community – Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community,are less likely to leave when things get tough and have more invested in our community’s future.
4. Keep Our Community Unique – Locally owned businesses are part of the distinctive character of our towns.Not only is this great for us – but also to potential visitors and tourists. No one needs to travel to see a main street full of franchises.
5. Get Better Service – Local businesses often hire people with better understanding of the products they are selling